Title: Payroll Manager
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Salary Range: based on experience
Location: Downtown Dallas, TX
Work Hours: Normal Business (OT may be required)
Our client in Downtown Dallas is seeking a Payroll Manager to join their team on a direct hire
basis. Position will ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including
salaries, draw payments, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions. This position also
ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and
changes to pay rates. The Manager of Payroll is responsible for preparing tax and related
compliance filings to various government agencies.
• Oversee the Payroll Specialist and actively participate in preparing the semi-monthly
• Review and audit payroll tax filings;
• Prepare and submit payroll related compliance reports to appropriate government agencies in a
• Audit and/or review all data residing in Workday;
• Create and edit business processes in Workday;
• Manage, maintain, and perform audits of time-off accruals and setups;
• Review final compensation payment calculations and advise management of any issues or
concerns related to the payment amounts;
• Support various administrative functions, provide payroll reports as requested;
• Review and analyze current payroll, benefits, and tax procedures in order to recommend and
implement approved changes that will lead to best-practice operations;
• Manage the vendor relationship with the payroll partner and provide updates to the Director
• Participate in department and cross-functional department meetings representing the payroll
• Comply with and enforce adherence to federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying
existing and new legislation and advising management on needed actions;
• Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information
• Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and then following up
on work results;
• Maintain payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees;
• Maintain payroll staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees and planning,
monitoring, and appraising job results;
• Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
• May assist in compilation and preparation of various confidential reports;
• Maintain currency on the Workday payroll module and all system updates;
• Back-up for the foreign office payrolls (i.e. Mexico/London/Shanghai);
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing
professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional
• Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests;
• Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures;
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
The Manager of Payroll should have proficient knowledge regarding payroll and payroll tax administration, a solid understanding of employee benefit deductions and accruals, and knowledge of basic accounting principles.
This position requires an extremely detail orientated person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations. The incumbent should possess excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as being highly organized. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external clients. Must be able to work collaboratively across all departments of the firm. Must be able to function under short time constraints, be computer literate, and proficient at Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), and have a strong ability to learn new software tools and payroll systems.
The Manager of Payroll should have a minimum of seven years of progressive experience managing a multi-state payroll department, as well as overall general accounting experience; experience preparing and submitting payroll-related compliance reports to appropriate government agencies; and preferably, experience processing domestic and international payroll. Workday experience is highly preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or a related field required. Certification as a CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) REQUIRED (or in process)
This job operates in a fast-paced professional office environment. Working additional hours outside of the normal schedule may be required.
Interested candidates can contact Suzanne Heyer directly at: