It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world’s leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We’re proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you’re made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.
WP Engine is seeking a Senior Manager, Global Payroll to lead our Global payroll team. As we expand our US and International operations, you’ll have the opportunity to standardize payroll practices across all locations, drive process change, and partner with the business. By using your expertise of Workday and Payroll processes, you’ll be able to make a lasting impact on our growing organization.
What’s cool about this job.
As a Senior Manager, Global Payroll you be will be responsible for leading the Global payroll team. The right candidate will be an experienced payroll leader adept at building a Global payroll function particularly in a Workday environment. This is an exciting opportunity to drive the strategic direction for payroll while leading through change in a fast-growing, multinational company. We are looking for someone that is passionate about building strong teams, facilitating effective change management, and building strong business partnerships all while delivering a best-in-class payroll experience for our employees.
The day to day.
- Manage the Global Payroll team, investing in development of the team through effective goal setting and establishing metrics for tracking success
- Drive the global payroll strategy with a focus on improving and creating new, sustainable processes and procedures
- Build strong partnerships with internal business partners (People Ops / Total Rewards / Finance and Accounting) to provide employees with an exceptional payroll experience
- Act as the payroll leader on system implementations and projects to enhance our HRIS/Payroll systems (ex: Workday Global Benefits, Time-keeping, Cloudpay, etc.)
- Create and enhance procedures to ensure accurate, timely, and consistent delivery and reporting of all wage and tax data per federal, state, country regulations for the US and our International locations
- Lead the implementation of payroll processes for new countries as well as any integrations resulting from M&A activity.
- Manage relationships with external payroll vendors
- Responsible for month-end close, including reviewing/approving journal entries, account reconciliations, and payroll accruals
- Lead the development, implementation, and management of financial controls and processes for the payroll team
Your skills and expertise.
- 10+ years of payroll or related experience
- 3-5 years of management experience
- Global payroll experience required
- Experience with Workday is a requirement
- Knowledge and understanding of U.S. federal, state, and country laws related to payroll
- Experience leading complex cross-functional projects
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, ability to provide excellent service to employees at all levels
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex payroll questions.
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Netsuite experience is desired
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field
- American Payroll Association (APA) and Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- Experience working in the software or services industry.
- Knowledge and expertise of sales commissions is a plus
The perks and benefits:
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.